The MMR vaccine looks better all the time


Julie McCullough, the friend who alerted me a few weeks ago to a study (that I wrote a post about) that seemed to show the widely-used MMR vaccine provides protection against Covid-19, sent another email to me this week. This time, it included a link to a much more conclusive study that indicates very strongly that the MMR vaccine confers immunity to Covid. She also linked a page that lists a number of other studies – and 25 news reports – that confirm this conclusion.

The nice thing about most of these studies is the authors didn’t have to go out and vaccinate thousands of people. All they had to do was compare data between different populations with different rates of MMR vaccination and compare rates of Covid deaths. The correlations are really striking. I must admit I didn’t get my MMR vaccine yet, but I will try tomorrow!  

The MMR vaccine is supposed to be given in two doses, but the second dose conveys at most an increase of 10% in effectiveness over the first. So I may not get the second, but I’ll at least get the first dose! Here’s Julie’s email:

Hi Tom,

In the face of all this bad news, it seems that the MMR news is traveling far and wide.

The World organization says the updated report has been read by 280,000 people and is the most read pre-print on ResearchGate.

There are now 8 peer reviews, and 5 new preprints (i.e. not peer reviewed yet), 2 Clinical Trials (Gates Foundation and one in Egypt) and a very long list of articles from all over the globe. 

Direct links to the articles, so in their native languages.  I scanned 3 or 4 in English.  Seems like most are reporting what the World.org report says, however it seems some are adding local information to it.

The article from Nigeria is in English. It reports on Madagascar as well, though I couldn’t tell if their info was from the study or if their information was from a more direct source.

I’m sharing this information with as many people as I can, and so far have 3 people who have asked their doctors, with a similar response, i.e.  “There’s nothing to lose. It’s worth doing”.

I thought you would find this continuing coverage interesting. 

Julie

I would love to hear any comments or questions you have on this post. Drop me an email at tom@tomalrich.com.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How naïve I was…

It’s all about health care

An up-close look at a hospital breaking under the Omicron load